Stonefruit production research
See the latest production research from the Stonefruit orchard at Tatura
Research focused on Production, Harvest, Post-harvest & Markets
Agriculture Victoria, with the support of the summerfruit industry and Horticulture Innovation Australia, is investigating future production systems to increase productivity and grower returns through improved eating quality and consumer satisfaction.
- Apricot: Golden May
- Nectarine: Autumn Bright; Rose Bright; September bright; August Bright; Ice Princess
- Peach: September Sun; August Flame; O'Henry; Snow Flame 23; Snow Flame 25; Redhaven; Snow Fall
- Plum: Angeleno
Online virtual orchard tour
A look around the orchard
360 degree virtual tours of the Stonefruit research orchard at Agriculture Victoria (Tatura). These tours showcase fruit development progress over the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons.
Flowering and fruit on tree structures in the canopy-cropload experiments.Learn more
Stonefruit orchard management
Some orchard management techniques from the Stonefruit research orchard at Tatura.
Online virtual orchard tour
A look around the orchardLearn more
Harvest & post-harvest research
- Research on non-destructive technologies to optimise fruit maturity at harvest
- Understand how fruit maturity affects storage and impacts fruit composition and quality
- Impacts of Methyl bromide fumigation treatment on fruit for export .
- Monitoring and modelling stonefruit export fruit along the supply chain to improve the quality of Australian fresh produce into Asian markets (Serviced Supply Chain project)
- Stonefruit maturity & fruit quality
- Stonefruit Methylbromide fumigation experiments for export markets
- Stonefruit: Managing fruit quality for export
- Stonefruit: Preconditioning fruit to reduce storage disorders
- Stonefruit: Cultivar performance for export
- Stonefruit: Using remote loggers to monitor temperatures of export fruit
- Prototype for fruit chain quality management technology
- DA Software
- DA meter IAD maturity classes: Database
The research project, Serviced Supply Chain, is funded by the Hort Frontiers Asian markets Fund, part of the Hort Frontiers Asian strategic partnership initiative developed by Hort Innovation, with co-investment from Agriculture Victoria, the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Queensland (DAFQ), Montague Fresh (summerfruit), Manbulloo (mangoes), Glen Grove (citrus), the Australian Government plus in-kind support from University of Queensland and the Chinese Academy of Sciences.Learn more
Stonefruit export market research
Consumer preference research for stonefruit (summerfruits) was conducted in China and Indonesia to help growers determine the best varieties to meet each market’s requirements.
Full copies of the consumer preference research reports are available to levy payers and members of Summerfruit AustraliaSummerfruit Australia
Summerfruit exports look positive
The Australian summerfruit exports look positive following a record breaking 2018/19 season. Comments from John Moore, consultant for China Trade Market Access at Summerfruit Australia.
Source: FreshPlaza.comLearn more
Scientists and grower meetings
Stonefruit grower events
Stonefruit Research Roadshows highlighting research from the Stonefruit research orchard in Tatura and research from Agribiosciences, Bundoora.Learn more