Researchers & events
Plant Production Sciences - Agriculture Victoria
Type of research / topic:
- Currently monitoring export cool-chain for stone-fruit and table grapes using real-time data loggers to Asian markets as part of the Serviced Supply Chains (SSC) with QDAF. Have conducted out-turn quality assessments in China (Shanghai and Guangzhou)
- Monitoring the cherry export cool-chain to Vietnam using real-time data loggers. Have conducted out-turn quality assessments in Vietnam (Saigon).
- Evaluating iCAST® (Japanese irrigation system) under Australian conditions. Providing agronomic advice and conducting vegetable quality assessments for Winter and Spring grown vegetables (Processing tomato, broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower and snow peas).
- 20 years R&D experience in postharvest fruit and vegetables
- Experience in using non-destructive technology to conduct fruit maturity and quality assessments
- Helped evaluate increasing consumer demand for stone-fruit through market research in Australia
- Expertise in real-time data loggers
- Have worked closely with industry on numerous commercial projects (KAITEKI Fresh, Mitsui Chemicals, Houston’s Farm and Coles supermarket, Montague Fresh)
Links to current research