Research Scientist - Perennial Horticulture
Plant Production Sciences
Type of Research / Topics:
- Investigating the effect of irrigation and nutrient inputs on almond spur productivity.
- Developing an integrated pest management program for the Australian almond industry with key areas of activity including spatial distribution of pests and crop damage, and field-testing lures to develop an efficient attract and kill system for carob moth and carpophilus beetle.
- 20 years’ experience in pistachios and almonds including research into the effect of sustained and regulated deficit irrigation in almonds.
- Researching the epidemiology of bacterial dieback in pistachios, identifying the causal agent and trialling various control methods.
- Conducting surveys for insect pests of pistachios and established damage thresholds for the main pest species.